Dr. José D. Otero Cruz is the Manager of the Neuroimaging and Electrophysiology Facility and an Associate Scientist at the UPR Molecular Sciences Research Center. He is interested in the development of cell-based assays to evaluate the drug’s proarrhythmic liability and to study the cardiac arrhythmias induced by cancer chemotherapeutic drugs.
- Postdoc, Cardiovascular Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Postdoc, Cardiac Signal Transduction, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, San Juan, P.R.
- MPharBE, Pharmaceutical Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- BS, Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, San Juan, P.R.
- ASQ Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB) – American Society for Quality
- Chemist License – Puerto Rican Association of Chemists
- Ion Channel Research
- Cardiac Stem Cell
- Cardiovascular Biology
- Cardiovascular Safety Pharmacology
- Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology